About the Cats
About the cats
How do I adopt a cat? See the steps below in the ''Adoptions'' section!
Where do the cats come from? We are currently fostering cats from Furry Tales Cat Rescue and all cats are up for adoption! The cats are rescued from unfortunate circumstances, they get veterinary care and then they are placed here to be fostered. We donate our space and our time to take care of them until they get adopted.
How much is it to adopt? The adoption fees range from $100-300 depending on the cat and includes the spay/neuter, microchip, vaccinations, and more. More details can be found on the profiles posted on the ''Today's Cats'' board in the café or on the Furry Tales Cat Rescue website here: https://furry-tales.ca/adoptions
How many cats do you have today? We typically have anywhere from 6 to 12 cats in our cat lounge every day. Adoptions happen very quickly so the best place to check is the cork board when you enter the café. We update our cat board daily so you can see how many cats we have and their adoption status.
Interested in helping the cats? See the Support Page.
Number of successful adoptions
Since we opened in May 2017, we have successfully found homes for 380 CATS! Congratulations to all the new families!
Interested in adopting? Here's how:
1. Fall in love. Visit the cats in our cafe or choose from the list. We have posters of all the available cats posted in the entrance of our café.
2. Apply online. Once you have chosen a cat you'd like to adopt, you can apply online through the rescue's website at https://furry-tales.ca/adoption-application
3. Approval. The rescue will be in contact with you to process the application and confirm that the application has been approved.
4. Payment. The adoption fee is sent directly to the rescue by e-transfer. All money goes to the rescue, not to Feline Café.
5. Schedule a pickup. Once payment is confirmed, schedule an appointment to pick up your cat by emailing Feline Café.
6. Prepare your home. Have all toys, litter and food supplies ready before you pick up your cat.
7. Pick up your new family member. We will walk you through the adoption contract and paperwork, as well as take a photo with your cat for the rescue's website. Please bring a carrier with a blanket or pillow inside to bring your cat home with you.
* adoptions may take up to 10 days to process *