Meet Our Felines!
The Café Cats
*Currently at Feline Café*
Where do the cats come from?
The kitties under the guardianship of Feline Café Foundation are rescued from a variety of circumstances. You can find our intake application under the 'Get Involved' tab if you know of a feline that needs our help. While they are under our guardianship we ensure all their medical needs are addressed and that they are all ready to be adopted into their new family.
Can we apply for a feline before they are available for adoption?
You can apply to adopt one of the felines under our care when they are listed as "available for adoption". The estimated time when a cat will be available for adoption will be announced in advance. Applications will be open for a minimum of 10 days. Once the adoption period begins for that cat, an application form will be accessible on our website. After this period, the applications close to allow us time to sort through applications, check references, and perform interviews, etc. All applications are considered regardless of the order we receive them in. The screening process can take on average 30 days. If you wish to be notified when a feline under our guardianship becomes available you can subscribe to our email list at the top of this page.
If we receive multiple adoption applications for the same feline, what variables do we consider when choosing their forever home?
At Feline Café Foundation, one of our main objectives is to find the purrfect home for the kitties under our guardianship. We determine where the feline will be happiest based upon their personality and how that would match the lifestyle and environment of their potential home. This could include variables such as; are other animals in the home, how busy is the environment, are there children, how often will the cat be alone, etc...
If you are applying for multiple felines, an application needs to be submitted for each individual feline unless they are a bonded pair.
Why are there some felines not ready to be adopted?
Some of the felines under our guardianship may not yet be ready to go to their forever homes. This can be for a multitude of reasons such as: vet care not completed, ongoing treatment, too young to be adopted, in need of socializing or behavioral management. If we don't currently have any felines available for adoption we recommend contacting other local rescues who are doing incredible work to save cats. You can find a list of them on our resources page here.
Why do we ask for a $10 donation to submit an Adoption Application?
Our team works tirelessly to find the perfect home for both the felines under our guardianship and their new families. We ask for a $10 donation upon submission of an application to ensure that individuals applying have thoroughly considered their decision to adopt a feline. This donation is transferable to multiple applications.
When you are adopting a cat, you are welcoming another family member into your home. This donation helps ensure that we are only getting applications from individuals who have thought this decision through and are truly ready to adopt a dependent. Although felines deeply enrich the lives of anyone lucky enough to be around them, they also require a lot of care, finances and lifestyle changes.
What is the minimum donation we ask for in order to adopt a feline under our guardianship?
The minimum donation we ask for, to adopt one of the felines under our care, will range from $150-300 depending on the cat. These donations help cover a portion of the costs of their care and allows us to save more cats. More details can be found on their individual profiles
Do individuals need to be 21 or over to adopt one of the felines under our guardianship?
We require individuals to be 21 or over to adopt a feline through us. However we do make exceptions if there is a co-signer over 21 who will share the responsibility of caring for the feline such as a parent or guardian.
Interested in adopting? Here is the process
1. Fall in love. Visit the cats in our café or choose from the list of available felines.
2. Apply online. Once you have chosen a cat you'd like to adopt, and they are available, you can apply online through our website
3. Approval. Once we've received the application there will be a series of steps to take before it is approved such as: a phone interview, a meeting with the feline etc...
4. Make a donation. The minimum donation asked to adopt one of the felines under our guardianship is sent directly to our Not-for-Profit Foundation to help cover the cost of their care.
5. Schedule a pickup. We schedule an appointment with you to pick up your new family member.
6. Prepare your home. Have all toys, litter box and food supplies ready before you pick up your kitty.
7. Pick up your new family member. We will walk you through the adoption contract and paperwork, as well as take a photo with your cat for the website. Please bring a carrier with a blanket or pillow inside to bring your cat home with you.