Fundraising Coordinator Volunteer
Do you have a creative kick and love helping rescue cats? Join our community of passionate and talented volunteers!
Feline Café Foundation is a new cat rescue organization, born out of the cat café model. We receive no government funding, therefore we rely on donors to support our animal welfare work. Funds are needed to run the organization, pay for facilities and supplies, and the veterinary care for all our rescue cats prior to being put up for adoption. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, committed to the non-profit concept to lead our fundraising efforts. This is an extremely important part of the organization. No fundraiser is too small!
- Develop a long-term plan for fundraising goals and action plan
- Create and implement digital fundraising strategies (e-newsletters, online content monetization, via website, e-mail, mobile, and social media)
- Seek corporate sponsors, financial gifts, and recurring donation programs
- Maintain relationships with donors and supporters
- Develop fundraising materials
- Communicate with supporters via email newsletters and social media
- Issue donor acknowledgements and thank-you letters
- Enter data and maintain the database
- Communicate with the Feline Café Foundation team with progress updates and occasional meetings
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization and promote a positive image/reputation
- Previous experience or strong interest in working with a non-profit
- Practical knowledge of fundraising and/or grant writing
- Strong writing skills to craft persuasive, donor-centered content
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Drive
- Working knowledge of social media
- Self-starter with a high level of motivation and initiative
- Ability and equipment to work autonomously and remotely
The Fundraising Coordinator can expect approximately 4 to 6 hours of work per week, on average. The person can set their own flexible hours, but they are required to meet set deadlines as agreed. The minimum commitment to this role is 4 months with the option to continue in this role in the future, and the potential to train others for this role.
Please visit our website to get to know us prior to applying: www.felinecafeottawa.com
Please submit a cover letter and a copy of your current résumé to email@example.com. Only those candidates that fit the skills profile will be contacted.