Marketplace Coordinator Volunteer
Do you love buying and selling secondhand? Do you want to help our cat rescue from the comfort of your couch? Join our team as our Marketplace Coordinator Volunteer.
Feline Café Foundation is a cat rescue organization, born out of the cat café model. We receive no government funding, therefore we rely on donors to support our animal welfare work. Funds are needed to run the organization, pay for facilities and supplies, and the veterinary care for all our rescue cats prior to being put up for adoption. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, committed to the non-profit concept to contribute to our fundraising efforts. This is an extremely important part of the organization.
- Organize and store secondhand items
- Take clear pictures and write thorough descriptions
- Create online listings to sell each item
- Communicate with potential buyers
- Coordinate sale of items
- Track inventory and sales
- Remit donations to Feline Café Foundation weekly
- Communicate with our team for progress updates and occasional meetings
- Serve as an ambassador for the organization and promote a positive image/reputation
- Previous experience or strong interest in working with a non-profit
- Practical knowledge of online marketplaces like Kijiji and Facebook
- Organizational skills to keep track of items using Google Sheets
- Strong communication skills for both external and internal context
- Self-starter with a high level of motivation and initiative
- Ability and equipment to work autonomously and remotely
The Marketplace Coordinator Volunteer can expect approximately 4 hours of work per week, on average. The person can set their own flexible hours, but they are required to meet set deadlines as agreed. The minimum commitment to this role is 4 months with the option to continue in this role in the future, and the potential to train others for this role.
Please visit our website to get to know us prior to applying: www.felinecafeottawa.com