Meet Our Felines!
Do you have any questions about our adoption process?
Check out our FAQ section below!
Where do the cats come from?
The kitties under the guardianship of Feline Café Foundation are rescued from a variety of circumstances. You can find our intake application under the 'Get Involved' tab if you know of a feline that needs our help. While they are under our guardianship we ensure all their medical needs are addressed and that they are all ready to be adopted into their new family.
How can we apply to adopt a feline?
You can apply to adopt one of the felines under our care when they are listed as "available for adoption". The estimated time when a cat will be available for adoption will be announced in advance. Once the adoption period begins for that cat, an application form will be accessible on our website. If you wish to be notified when a feline under our guardianship becomes available, you can subscribe to our email list located above the FAQ.
If you are applying for multiple felines, an application needs to be submitted for each individual feline unless they are a bonded pair.
If we receive multiple adoption applications for the same feline, what variables do we consider when choosing their forever home?
At Feline Café Foundation, one of our main objectives is to find the purrfect home for the kitties under our guardianship. We determine where the feline will be happiest based upon their personality and how that would match the lifestyle and environment of their potential home. This could include variables such as; are other animals in the home, how busy is the environment, are there children, how often will the cat be alone, etc...
All applications are considered regardless of the order we receive them in. However, due to the large volume of applications that we receive, only select applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Why are there some felines not ready to be adopted?
Some of the felines under our guardianship may not yet be ready to go to their forever homes. This can be for a multitude of reasons such as: vet care not completed, ongoing treatment, too young to be adopted, in need of socializing or behavioral management. If we don't currently have any felines available for adoption, we recommend contacting other local rescues who are doing incredible work to save cats. You can find a list of them on our resources page here.
What is the minimum donation we ask for in order to adopt a feline under our guardianship?
The minimum donation we ask for, to adopt one of the felines under our care, will range from $150-300 depending on the cat. These donations help cover a portion of the costs of their care and allows us to save more cats. More details can be found on their individual profiles
Do individuals need to be 21 or over to adopt one of the felines under our guardianship?
We require individuals to be 21 or over to adopt a feline through us. However, we do make exceptions if there is a co-signer over 21 who will share the responsibility of caring for the feline, such as a parent or guardian.
Interested in adopting? Here is the process:
1. Fall in love. Read through their personality pages and choose from the list of available felines
2. Apply online. Once you have chosen a cat you'd like to adopt, and they are available, you can apply online through our website
3. Approval. Once we've received the application there will be a series of steps to take before it is approved such as: a phone interview, a meeting with the feline, etc...
4. Make a donation. The minimum donation asked to adopt one of the felines under our guardianship is sent directly to our Not-for-Profit Foundation to help cover the cost of their care.
5. Schedule a pickup. We schedule an appointment with you to pick up your new family member.
6. Prepare your home. Have all toys, litter box and food supplies ready before you pick up your kitty.
7. Pick up your new family member. We will walk you through the adoption contract and paperwork. Please bring a carrier with a blanket or pillow inside to bring your cat home with you.